This post is from York County Customer Service Representatives in the Planning & Development Services Department:
Recently, a group of Planning & Development Services staff have been working with the GIS staff to develop a GIS site that is user friendly, fast, informative, and overall great! We are pleased to announce that after several months we have achieved that very goal! The name of the program is “Zoning Viewer.”
You will find a link to it from the Easy Search (launch it and zoom to a property from address and property reports pages), along with a link on the Planning page, they will also be adding a banner for this new website within the GIS page.
I hope that EVERYONE will begin using this site as it contains so much more information than the original GIS Online site and is much easier to navigate, runs faster, and does not time out like the interactive site. We would also welcome any feedback that you have to offer, good or bad (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You will find that as soon as you access the Zoning Viewer, a search can be performed by typing in your address, parcel number, subdivision, owner name, etc.
- Next, review the results list to obtain the information that you are looking for.
- You will find it will take you directly to the parcel and from there the results are simple to understand.
- The majority of the layers needed for our daily use are already on (’visible’) by default, so you will not have to go and add all of those layers, however you can add or take away as many layers as you need to by clicking on the “More” button in the upper right corner to activate the layers table of contents.
- The “I want to…” button, provides access to create reports (mailing labels, property, address), printable maps, etc.
If you visit the site I think that you will find it to be quite informative. We have worked hard to achieve this and I do hope that everyone will give it a try and please let us know what you think.
This very focused site was developed mainly for the needs of the Planning/Zoning Departments and the citizens we serve, so please provide feedback so that we can tweak and refine it to provide us with the information we need.